Friday, June 16, 2006

JENNY: Mare's Weekend

Boy, are we close. This is Mare's weekend; it's all Mare all the time here in Ohio. The outline is in place--yes, Eileen, I sent it to you days ago--most of Mare's scenes are roughed in, and I'm writing the final drafts now. I LOVE MARE. Okay, she's deeply flawed, but I love her anyway. And Crash, well, he's not deeply flawed, he's not deeply anything, he's the simplest hero I've ever written, and that's his strength and I love him. Because as he points out, when you've got a woman as complex and talented and insane as Mare, the last thing she needs is a complex, talented, insane man. You need a Crash, solid as a rock, no magic whatsoever, a guy who can fix a motorcycle or your plumbing or your broken heart, and who can tell your vicious bitch of a shape-shifting evil aunt from a diner waitress when the chips are down. Loving this book. Must go finish my part of it now.

Eileen is on vacation without e-mail. Krissie is finishing up a copy edit. Both will be back on Monday when, fingers crossed, Mare will finished and victorious and in the solid, sure, sane arms of her motorcycle mechanic. Whose real name is Christopher, by the way.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

"Because as he points out, when you've got a woman as complex and talented and insane as Mare, the last thing she needs is a complex, talented, insane man. You need a Crash, solid as a rock, no magic whatsoever, a guy who can fix a motorcycle or your plumbing or your broken heart"

Oh Man, Don't we all just need a Crash? Sounds so good! I cannot wait for this one. Jenny and paranormal! I don't think it gets any better than that!

June 16, 2006 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, I have been worried about Mare, glad to hear she is almost finished. Looking forward to reading the book. I just bought one of your old books on e-bay "Trust me on This" can't wait to read it.
Nanaimo Granny

June 16, 2006 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When does this come out again?

June 18, 2006 12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like another winning couple. I can't wait for this to be finished and in print. With your three totally different voices, it's got to be amazing!

June 18, 2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Oh! Yay Mare! And simple is good, because simple has its own challenges. Rock on, soul sister!

June 18, 2006 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need me some Crash in my life!

dudncwyv: Does understanding dragons neatly convey why you vomited?

June 20, 2006 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home