Saturday, May 06, 2006

JENNY: New Month, New Plan

I am FINALLY done with the book tour and now I have six days before I have to get on a plane again. And they're Mare days. I have explained to my other collaborator that he will have to do other things because this is Well-Behaved time, and I'm going to try Barbara Samuel's two hour block plan twice a day, which means I will have twenty-four hours to spend on Mare and Crash and the sisters. If this works, I will hear the angels singing because I desperately need to get organized.

So today: Two hours rereading what I already have written and what Krissie and Eileen have already written and blocking out the existing plot on my giant white board. And then two hours blocking out Mare and Crash's final plot--well final until I start writing again at which point Things Happen and everything changes, but still, progress will be made.

Because I have to have all of my stuff done by the time we hit New York because we're going to spend three days putting all the parts together and rewriting as we go to make all of this into a novel. Three days in New York writing with Eileen and Krissie. I'm such a geek, that sounds like paradise, even with both of them bossing me around. (It's hell writing the youngest sister, nobody appreciates me, and as Anonymous said so brilliantly in her comment, if they don't give me what I want, I'm TOTALLY telling Mom.)

So we'll see how this goes . . .

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see progress on this front, again! I noticed that you started bright and early in the morning, so beginning very well...

Best of luck re-entering Mare's world! I hope that writing is a refreshing change from touring.

It's a good thing this isn't the other blog, because my word verification would be way too hard, and I, too, should be getting things done!

May 06, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Jenny - so good to see you posting happy - thought the book tour was going to be the end of both of you. Enjoy the writing time on Mare, and the time home as well.

May 06, 2006 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny,

Don't forget to call them doodyheads if they don't listen to you. It's incredibly important when you're the youngest to start the "Am not!" "Are too!" "Not!" "Too!" arguments. Otherwise no one would, and where would that get you?

In a room full of doodyheads. That's where.

:)
Lindsey

May 06, 2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

LOL! Glad to see you moving along with Mare! Hope you're resting well after Living the Dream (from HELL!)

May 16, 2006 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need more posts! I'm dying to know how the book is going!! I'm a very greedy fan going into withdrawal!!

May 24, 2006 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home