Saturday, June 10, 2006

EILEEN:survival of the fittest

Well, as Krissie said, we've gone to the three winds(after Krissie left her makeup behind at the apartment. You need to email me back, Krissie, so I know what stop to send it to). I"m in Topeka, Krissie's in Albany and Jen's in Richmond, Virginia. So we've survived another round of "What were we thinking?" And it really isn't Jen's falt that she's so good at micromanaging. Or that it sent me into fetal position. Because without her saying, "Okay, exactly what is Dee doing at 1:15 PM" (and me getting way too anatomical in my answers), we never would have brought this baby together. You know that "it sounded like a good idea", well, we've all been writing our parts obsessing about how we were actually going to make it fit together, and darned(Krissie said that nobody says darned in the Northeast), with Jen's brave persistence in the face of truly operatic whining, it looks like it just might do that. And how good are we? We ended up having exactly 16 scenes apiece without any kind of planning. So not only brilliant and witty, but eglatarian, too. Not only that, but the story arcs are elegant, the heroes handsome and the girls sisters in the best of ways. They even have symbol that will unite them. More on that in another post. For now, after spending an entire day just trying to get out of Manhattan, and then another giving a workingshop in Topeka, I'm going to lie down and let my brains slowly seep out my ears. Then, when I drive to Michigan tomorrow to sit on the beach with my extended family, I will get back to writing. (JEN! I need the scene list you promised!!!)And Jen never said "Matrix" even once.

eileen

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the important thing is y'all survived the organization, and the book will be better for it. No, really, I've never been in a situation where color coded post-its didn't help.

OH: I just got Black Ice by Krissie (Anne Stuart) and loved it! Next is Into the Fire. My Eileen book hasn't come yet, so I'm waiting, not so patiently, to dig into that.

oerzbya (blue) Other elephants react. Zebras bid you ado.
hcrje (red) He cried, "Really, Jenny! Exactly!"

June 13, 2006 7:15 AM  
Blogger Anne Stuart said...

Lori -- smooch! Needless to say the tone in The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes will be slightly different -- I write dark angst and dark romps, and Lizzie's part of a dark romp.
Oh, and Jenny explained the game, so I get to play too.
irlqsosh
I really like quirky sisters on sexy heroes
(I was going to say "or" but I like the idea of them on top)

Well crap. I had to change my note and they gave me new leters.
yxhyudem

your xrays hold your undying devotion enveloping me

June 14, 2006 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home