Wednesday, June 07, 2006

KRISSIE: Oh ... My .... God ....

So we're arguing like mad. Jenny's typing up a master list of everyone's scenes and harrassing poor little Eileen and me, trying to get us to behave professionally, and we've been fighting her like rebellious teenagers. I can be holier than anyone since I'm the one who's finished my draft, except they're making me add all sorts of scenes. But since they slogged up twenty blocks in the rain to go to City Quilter with me I guess I'll forgive them, even though we then went to Eileen Fisher where all the clothes were for sylphs.
Italian food for dinner, then work work work, and my eyes are beginning to cross, and it's 11:23 pm and Jenny and Eileen are night people and I'm a morning person. Tomorrow we scatter to the four winds (or three winds, since there are only three of us).
But it's coming together. I'm learning to be left-brained (under duress) and I'll probably take a little nap before Jenny starts beating me about the head and shoulders to come up with a more cogent description of my scenes.
Ah, the glorious life of a writer. Tomorrow we go to Bloomingdales (shopping is part of our bonding experience), then to lunch and a mini-shower at Jenny and Eileen's agents (for our darling editor -- if we bring her nice enough stuff maybe she'll forgive us for being a month late).
Pray for us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Oh no. It's true, Eileen Fisher doesn't do waists all that well - but you have to check out their yoke-waisted stretchy pants. I love them like I love lemon bars, and my friend, I am no sylph. They also have terrific sweaters in the fall.

But at least you're driving Jenny crazy. Somewhere, Bob is very happy.

June 08, 2006 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home