Saturday, June 03, 2006

JENNY: New Month, Different Plan

Okay, so the two-hour thing? Not going to work for me.

But now, I'm against it. Well, actually I'm in Madison, Wisconsin, flying home tomorrow night and then out again the next morning to that New York City where Eileen, Krissie, and I will assemble the Unfortunate Miss Fortunes. So I'd better get the rest of it written, huh?

I'm in a hotel room working while the rest of the conference plays, but that's okay because I don't do Saturday nights anyway. The good news is, I have Mare completely blocked out, I have her arc, I have most of the scenes written--I still haven't written Crash's but I know what they are and they're short--and we're going to block them out for each other and probably read them to each other which should be interesting, particularly the erotic ones, and I'm thinking a lot of this book is going to get done the first four days of next week.

But now I have to get some serious typing done now. Time to get these scenes out of my head and into the computer. One great thing about writing in your head, you can pretty much dictate to yourself when the time comes. And then rewrite four thousand times, but there's no staring hopelessly at the screen, wishing you were smarter or somewhere else.

Much typing between now and Monday. Mare 24/7. (Except for the teaching I have to do tomorrow. Oh and that plane trip back home. And the one to NYC. But otherwise, all typing. Plan ahead, people. Do not be like me.)

Stay tuned. I really will be back soon. No, REALLY.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy typing, Jenny. It sounds like the story will flow onto the screen once you get in front of a keyboard.

June 04, 2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Rock on, soul sister!

June 04, 2006 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, you got the house and desk all cleaned up and now your brain is all filled up from all that clean space.
Jenny at the computer=good stuff! Can't wait for the final product.

June 04, 2006 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy typing! Getting it in your head is always the hardest part, I think. I look forward to reading Mare's story.

June 05, 2006 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home