Tuesday, April 18, 2006

JENNY: Mare 3 Dreamwork

So doing this on the book tour MIGHT have been a bad idea, but I'm going to give it another shot because I actually have tomorrow night free after dinner. Then Thursday is a slammed day again, then Friday some free time . . . I'm thinking I might be able to do this.

So tomorrow I'll write. No, REALLY. Because if I don't write some fiction soon, my head is going to explode. And I think I need to do Crash's plot first. So I'm going to go to bed and fall asleep thinking about it and maybe I'll have it in the morning. Dreamwork. No, it really works. Well, it works when I don't take half a sleeping pill. We'll see how pharmaceuticals affect the creative unconscious. I'm hoping they don't take it out with a mallet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your chin is better!

April 19, 2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, even though I'd love to hear more about Mare, I think your sleep and well-being are more important. And I'm sure your co-authors agree. right?? :)

April 19, 2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Does it really work? Plot is my bete noir. I'd love to be able to just sleep on it. It always feels forced.

Maybe I'll post on the Forums, but I thought I'd bring it up.

April 19, 2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

OK, so I went to bed thinking about this, and dreamed that my heroine's sister stole a baby.

Thank you, Subconscious Muse, in other words - that's as clear a motivation as I'm likely to get. I'm not sure it would have occurred to me consciously.

Started a topic on the forums too.

April 20, 2006 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home