Friday, November 10, 2006

JENNY: Pith and Cover Copy

Yep, we're done, THANK GOD, and I love it, too. And then Jen e-mailed us and said,

"I need a wonderful, pithy copyline for the front cover of THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES (and we'll have something to show you soon on the cover, so stay tuned). What would be a good copyline, leading into the title and enticing readers?"

And of course Eileen and Krissie were out playing in the wildflowers or something, so there I was, forced to pith. I have no idea what the copyline will be, but here are some of the idea I sent Jen:


Love. Magic. Relatives who want to suck your power out through your ears.
THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES
Some days it's just one damn thing after another.

Love* Magic* Bunnies*
THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES
Up to their asterisks in trouble.

Dee, Lizzie, and Mare are going through a bad spell . . .
Or three.
THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES
Magic happens.

Dee, Lizzie, and Mare aren't very good at magic.
Yet.
THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES


Yeah, you try it. It's not that easy.

And I'm still in there pitching for us to put the first scene up, so maybe I'll be able to talk everybody into it for Christmas. It's a long time until the July release date, but it'd be such a nice Christmas present for all of you who read the blog. And of course, we'll put the cover up here first. I'm very excited to see the cover although with that long title and then three author names plus the pithy copy line, I'm not expecting to see a lot of cover art. We've pretty much filled up the sucker already.

But now it's all the fun stuff. Cover art and ads and publication. And reviews and I think I'll go lie down again. Argh.

THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES.
Coming to a bookstore near you in July of 2007.

14 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

Nah, I like - Love* Magic* Bunnies*
THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES
Up to their asterisks in trouble.

I like that one! Okay, there was another one or three I would vote for too.

I cannot wait until July. My birthday and a Crusie!

November 11, 2006 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love. Magic. Relatives who want to suck your power out through your ears.
THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES
Some days it's just one damn thing after another.

I like this one.

November 11, 2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Pith or no pith, I'm just jones-ing for the book. Chicks can jones right?

November 11, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger McB said...

Love. Magic. Relatives who want to suck your power out through your ears.
THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES
Some days it's just one damn thing after another.

*snort* I like this one too. I'd buy it. Well I will anyway. But that one just screams "SNARKY HUMOR INSIDE!"

November 11, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Yep, my vote is for the first one also. Lots of snark. I would defintely pick it up and check it out if I was browsing and read that on the cover.

November 11, 2006 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First they want snark, now she wants pith? Geez, who knows what she will ask for next? *Gasp*

I like them all!

I think we have been very well behaved at all times, (hey you over there...shhhhh!) and we should get to read the first chapter.
It is really a long time until July. And if you are a CB, you are waiting on Agnes, too.

Yes, we do need just a little bit to tide us over.

November 11, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Love. Magic. Relatives who want to suck your power out through your ears.
THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES
Some days it's just one damn thing after another.

That defines Pith for me. I will really appreciate a post NaNo, pre Christmas present of the first chapter or ten, PLEASE!

Did I ask nicely enough?

November 11, 2006 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Either of the first two would show lots of "pith"

As has been said...an xmas story would be a very nice present.....thank you very much.

With "the Miss Fortunes", "Agnes", and Bob mentioned three more in the works....nothing but good reading ahead.

November 12, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger ZaZa said...

I like number two. "up to their asterisks" Hee!

I can't wait. July is almost a year away. Wah.

November 13, 2006 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love. Magic. Relatives who want to suck your power out through your ears.
THE UNFORTUNATE MISS FORTUNES
Some days it's just one damn thing after another.
Yep, definitely the first one. I love it! First chapter around Christmas, please, please, please...

November 13, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Robena Grant said...

I love the *asterisks* it has both pith and punch. That is, if you can pith and punch in the same sentence. Heh. Anyways, 'tis my pick.

November 13, 2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger btuda said...

Ooo, I like this one ... you know that one is pretty snarky too ...

Yep. I like them all. Now I'd wallow in my Land of Indecisiveness except I'm pretty sure that in Publishing World, you have all these great ideas and then they go with something completely different.

But since Jenny is The Cherry and all, if there is a Bob, they will use at least one. Or make a collectors set and have different ones on different covers.

And yes, there are those of us who would buy each and every one.

November 14, 2006 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For my birthday, I tracked down a copy of Catspaw II, because I'd read it and loved it when I was about ten, and Catspaw, because I never could find it. I didn't even know the author's name! (God bless the intertubes.) I also bought "Hot Toy" the day after it came out because it's Jenny Crusie, and she is my favorite. It was only today that I realized ANNE STUART. JENNY CRUSIE. COLLABORATION.

I think I will faint from happiness.

November 16, 2006 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go with the first pith dude

November 28, 2006 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home