Tuesday, October 31, 2006

KRISSIE: We're Done

You heard that before, right? One last go round last night and this morning, and we're finished. The way we work, Jenny keeps the master version because she's a) smarter b) more energetic or c) she's a glutton for punishment. Every time she sends me a new final version of the mss. I have to save it with a new name. I've got UMF Final. I've got UMF Final Atlanta. UMF final August. Absolutely Final UMF. Last Pass. Last Pass After Eileen. Final Version Xan Changes.
Trust me, there's more.
Jenny did her revisions and sent me the mss. I typed in mine, did a Save As and passed it on to Eileen.
It's now officially called I'm Sick of Revisions Halloween. I think it's a catchy title. The only problem is, what will I call it when it gets sent back to me? The Beast That Will Not Die?

It's worth it. Trust me. I looked at my scenes and swooned because Lord knows I'm not plagued with false modesty. I read Jenny's and Eileen's and swooned again, because the immodest one knows how to choose her collaborators.

We rule!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

I keep checking this blog because I can't wait to read this book...not that you haven't heard that before. Glad things are getting close.

BTW, in my little corner of the blogosphere there is nothing but kudos for COLD AS ICE. Thanks for another great read.

October 31, 2006 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! Very excited to see UMF or The Beast that will Not Die, or whatever the final version is.

Congrats on a job well done!

November 01, 2006 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. Blgger just ate my comment. Any-who ...

Yay! I'm so excited about "The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes." Call me slow on the uptake (heaven knows I can be), but it took forever for it to click that the Anne/Sister Krissie on SquawkRadio yesterday is one of the UMF authors! Can't wait for this one! Congratulations on finishing.

November 02, 2006 1:45 PM  
Blogger Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Can't wait for the book.

I cannot believe that I was sitting beside you in New Jersey and did not realize it was you. Someone pointed it out to me later at the Dessert Party. Too late to tell you how much I have enjoyed your books for years. I did not see you at the book signing (I was late)because I would have loved to have one of your books signed.
Penny with the Cherry (Friday) and Flamingo eye patch (Saturday).

November 04, 2006 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

COLD AS ICE - Just finished the book; liked it a lot but on page 263, 4th line from the bottom - you write: "We're going to the cheaptest, sleaziest motel I can. We both need to sleep."

I think you left off the word "find" after can.

January 30, 2007 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home