Sunday, September 17, 2006

JENNY: And now a word from our editor . . .

Well, I WANTED to post the first scene but cooler heads prevailed and said wait until we hear from Jen our goddess of an editor and today we heard and her exact words were:

"I LOVE IT."

No, kidding, that's what her e-mail said. So Krissie and Eileen and I said, "Yahoo." Then she said it was "brilliant" and "seamless" and we said "Yahoo" again twice. And then she said she'd be sending the revision letter, which is also good news because she's a terrific editor and she'll tell us how to make it better. I know that sounds incredibly Pollyanna-ish, but I've been working with the woman for ten years, and trust me, she'll make it better.

So now we're waiting for the revision stuff. And of course, Eileen just left for Italy, and she doesn't know if she'll have internet where she's going, soooooooo . . .

We'll let you know what happens.

Publishing is kind of a hurry-up-and-wait game so what you're experiencing waiting around is what we experience, too. Makes you feel all special and in the know, doesn't it?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you have to roll Jen's comments in before you put anything up?

As a reader who adores excerpts, I don't understand why "cooler heads" are bent on waiting.

Why do we have to wait for Jen?

September 18, 2006 12:33 AM  
Blogger Chari-Dee said...

I'm so excited to read this book, especially if the first turned in version gets "I Love it" and "brilliant" and "seemless." This is excited.

You Go Girls!

September 18, 2006 4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she's pleased, I'm sure we'll be delighted. I'm not, in general, in favor of waiting, but I can do a little delayed gratification if it means we get something EVEN BETTER.

Thanks for thinking of it!

September 18, 2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Love being "in the know"!!

I'm not known for being patient, but I'll try. I'll really, really try.

September 18, 2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I do feel very invested.

Yay you!

September 19, 2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

I am really looking forward to this book--please tell Jen to hurry up and give you the revisions so you can get it published! As for the excerpt--I love them, but they are so cruel! I get all into the story and then I have to wait to find out how it ends!! ARGH! *whimper*

September 19, 2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger McB said...

Jenny said ... Publishing is kind of a hurry-up-and-wait game so what you're experiencing waiting around is what we experience, too. Makes you feel all special and in the know, doesn't it?

Well, no. Because you've READ THE BOOK. You aren't waiting on pins and needles to find out what happens to whom and when. You guys know this stuff already. We on the other hand have had just these little teasing bits fed to us.

No I'm not bitter. Not a bit. Why do you ask?

September 20, 2006 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the "I LOVE IT".

I disagree with the prevailing cooler heads :)

September 28, 2006 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't we read it?

I know, it's only in Jenny's hands....we'll just have to wait.

But Jenny's stretched several different ways. I know that she write fast and edits fast so....

Wait and see....

W a i t a n d s e e


Post a wee bit..?.pretty please.

bjmkhf

Bob, Jenny make kindly HausFrau

well blogger

daxmv...green

darn, always xavier means virtious

October 03, 2006 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home