Wednesday, October 04, 2006

EILEEN: ciao, bellas!

So there I was in my lovely hotel room in Matera, Italy where I was speaking at the International Women's Fiction Festival, and the owner, who advertised that he had wi-fi, pointed to the ethernet plug in the wall--to which, of course, I had no cable. Then I looked for internet cafes, which were open--only when I wasn't available. Evidently they abide by siesta hours, too(the only thing open in a southern Italian town from 3-8PM is a gelateria). So, thank heavens, on Wednesday one of the attendees' sons produced an extra ethernet cable, and I opened my mail to see...."well, we haven't heard from Eileen, but we're trying to get the revisions done..." So I, dedicated professional that I am, spent my free time in my room(okay, the one in the old palazzo from the 18th century with the balcony overlooking the valley), working on revisions. I am a good girl. I even worked on them on the plane home. And in 4 of the 7 airports I hit in 36 hours to get home. Still working. Finished soon. Amazing how "I love it!" makes revisions so much easier to do.
And yeah, okay, I did take time out to sit in the piazza and sip wine to the sound of church bells and Puccini coming from the music school next door. Bellisima!

Eileen

5 Comments:

Blogger Chari-Dee said...

I imagine hearing, "I love it," would make the revisions a GREAT deal easier to do.

I want to go to Italy!! Sounds absolutely lovely....

October 05, 2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Oh, I am SO envious! That sounds like an amazing time, even if you did have to do revisions while you were there. Beats doing them in some boring old office, or your living room with the dogs panting on the couch... (sigh) Can you tell my life has been rather dull lately?!! LOL!

October 05, 2006 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did take time out to sit in the piazza and sip wine to the sound of church bells and Puccini coming from the music school next door. Bellisima!


Well, thankgod, you had some common sense.

October 06, 2006 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure is quiet over here. Too quiet.

hello-o-o-o?

Anyone hear the echo??

October 24, 2006 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 30, 2006 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home