Saturday, August 19, 2006

Eileen: c'est finis!!

Unbelievably, considering how micromanaging both Jen and I are, the manuscript is off. Krissie was able to pry it from our crabbed, clawed fingers and force us to email it to our editor. Of course, now twelve hours later we found some stuff we really, really want to change, but thank heavens, we have to wait.

I'm sitting here feeling rudderless. What do I do now? This thing has consumed us for so long, like a big literate tapeworm, that I don't know how to survive without it.(it occurs to me that you should never leave your metaphors to a medical person. I could have said magical obsession or something equally as poetic, especially considering the fact that if this had been a tapeworm of any kind I would have at least lost weight over it. Yeah. Not so much).

Okay, yeah, I do know what I'm going to do. I'm going to spend the next two days watching all the movies I missed and then get onto the other project I'm in the middle of. Then I'm going to hold my breath that it really is as good as we think it is.

One more thing. We thought it was going to be a really fun book. A neat idea, a wonderful collaboration, and a compelling story. It's nice to know we were right. It's been a rare privelege to work with my two co-conspirators. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I can't wait for you to see it.

eileen

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, y'all!

Has the publishing date been pushed back? Can't wait to get it in my hot little hands!

August 19, 2006 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's nice to know we were right. I can't wait for you to see it."

We cannot wait either.
Is c'est finis St. Louis speak for It's almost done ?

August 19, 2006 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the song for you:

Tapeworm of Love

http://honestbob.net/lyrics.php?name=tapeworm

October 03, 2006 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home