Sunday, August 20, 2006

JENNY: Beta Reader: That Would Be You

A beta reader is somebody who reads a story prior to publication and looks for the bugs, glitches, and general goofs. You were already beta readers when you read the "Cordially invited" stuff we put up and commented on it.

Right now we are discussing whether we should do this--I jumped the gun because I THOUGHT we'd already agreed to it but I was wrong, so blame me--or if we should wait until closer to a pub date which we don't have yet ot until Jen gives us the editing notes which could be weeks. If we do decide to go with it, what we'll probably do is put it up here on the blog, since the first chapter is in four parts that are in order: Mare, Lizzie, Dee, and Xan. And since the collage is finished, too, I can put that up at the end and it will make more sense then.

And then you can bask in anticipation until next summer because I'm pretty sure that's when it's coming out,although we will report back on the fights we have over the rewrite, the copy edit, the galleys, the book cover . . .

Oh, and that first page you deciphered? Very good job, but we changed it. That's the book writing biz, one rewrite after another.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo! Anxiously awaiting over here. And I'm torn as to whether I want that sneak peek now or later. Get it now and then its soooo long until we get our hands on the rest of the book. It might make the wait that much harder. But then again now is, well, NOW and not later and now is always better than later. Just is.

August 20, 2006 3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rewrote the first page? No biggie, just go ahead and post a picture of the new one. We'll get that deciphered in no time :)

I'll pretty much take any crumbs y'all leave around here. I'm that excited.

pbgtbfpj: Please. Begging. Get the book finished. Please, Jenny. (Aren't you glad you don’t have to hear that around here anymore?)

August 20, 2006 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want us to read it as beta readers, looking for glitches etc., wouldn't sooner be better than later? Won't making changes be harder as publication gets closer?

August 21, 2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Just caught up on all your most recent posts. Can you hear too many times..."Can't wait for this one?"

Since I buy each of your single title releases (for years no less) it is a dream come true to have 3 writers whose writing I enjoy so much together in one book.

Summer '07 seems far, far away.

August 21, 2006 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to read it now

Now

NOW.

Next year is too long to wait

August 21, 2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger Mary Stella said...

I know what beta reader means, but I can't help envisioning myself as a small, colorful fish, swimming around in a small bowl. I'm peering at your manuscript pages which are, naturally, distorted by the glass. Little bubbles of fishy laughter escape and rise to the surface.

Ohhh, it's been a long week. LOL

August 25, 2006 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Stella--LOL! Love the imagery! do those of us with glasses still have to wear them, or does the glass of the bowl fix our vision?

August 25, 2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger ZaZa said...

Where's our pages?

September 03, 2006 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home