Friday, April 07, 2006

JENNY: So here's the plan . . .

You know it's hard working on two novels, a proposal, and a book tour all at the same time. I know, poor me, WAH.
We had originally kind of sort of planned to blog each of us once a week--especially since our book is due like NOW--but that's not happening.
But I want to get back to Mare, I love Mare, so I'm thinking that I might try the twelve days of Mare here. Promise myself to work for an hour every night on Mare even though it's Book Tour Month, just as a vacation from Book Tour Insanity. Eileen and Krissie are working on their solo novels, but they're both ahead of me anyway.
So the plan is one hour a night, I'll give to Mare and I'll come in here and journal about what I did in order to keep myself honest.
I can do an hour a night, that's EASY.
Famous last words.
Twelve Days of Mare. Starting tomorrow. Really.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, that sounds crazy to me (sleep is good!), but if you write the entries, I'll read them (with LOTS of pleasure). Happy Friday!

April 07, 2006 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well as long as you remember to eat and sleep and buy coats in Macy's sale (particularly if there are two on offer), then you go. But if the Book Tour Insanity gets too much, then you will give yourself a break and get a massage or something, won't you? Don't want you keeling over half-way round the tour. Bob'll be back on "in the darkness there are clowns" again

April 07, 2006 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! More Mare Mariposa!

April 07, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

We have our pompoms out and close at hand. We're ready to cheer you on, Jenny.

April 07, 2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Good for you! From everything you've said, Mare's such a great character. I can't wait for the book to come out.

April 07, 2006 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write...we read. Need support? We're here. Need to bounce around ideas? we're here. Cherries are everywhere!

April 07, 2006 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...I always worry when you pick 12 days. Is it like the 12 step plan to writing recovery?
Of course, I can't wait to read anything you write, but hanging out with Bob and demented squirrels and cherry bombs going off all over the place....Jenny what are you thinking?
I know sleep is over rated- but you need to try and get some of it. It's that German- "if we aren't working, there is something wrong with us" right?

April 07, 2006 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoo-boy. It sounds like the creativity is swirling in the air over there, kind of like Pratchett's idea particles. Catch 'em while you can! But, do take advantage of the luxury amenities at your hotel -- massage, pool, jacuzzi, room service. (-: I'll be sending positive energy your way!

April 08, 2006 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Is it like the 12 step plan to writing recovery?"

I thought it was like the 12 days of Christmas - on the days of Mare, Jenny will blog for us one Pyewacket, two handsome bikers, three magic sisters etc

April 08, 2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger inkgrrl said...

"Wah"? The Bobster is corrupting you... first Seinfeld, now this ;-)

April 08, 2006 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home