Wednesday, March 15, 2006

EILEEN: Poor Voiceless Danny

Hmmm. Jen mentioned how differently we are approaching our sections. That Krissie has given Elric a voice, and that Jen is considering doing the same for Crash. I really thought hard about giving Danny a voice. He's just not speaking in my head. Of course, I haven't done the second half of the book yet. Who knows if he feels compelled to join in? Like Jen, I learn a lot of stuff about what's really been going on in my books about 3/4 of the way through, and have to go back in and seed stuff(most important lesson in writing--especially mystery, which always intimidated me. The book isn't finished until you send it into the editor. You can change anything anytime. And oh, my, I do).
So, as soon as I can get my poor fairies settled over in Silhouetteland, I'll be back to find out just how vocal Danny is.

eileen

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure he'll find a voice as soon as your ready.

March 17, 2006 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant you're ready. Must edit before publishing.

March 17, 2006 8:02 AM  
Blogger Karen Templeton said...

Like Jen, I learn a lot of stuff about what's really been going on in my books about 3/4 of the way through, and have to go back in and seed stuff(most important lesson in writing--especially mystery, which always intimidated me. The book isn't finished until you send it into the editor. You can change anything anytime. And oh, my, I do).

Ah, yes. Which is why the hairs bristle on the back of my neck whenever some well-meaning soul insists the only way to do this is through meticulous pre-planning and such.

Uh, yeah. Uh-huh.

I can think about my characters until the cows come home, but it's not until they've been yakking at each other for a couple hundred pages or so that I have any real idea who they are and why they're so screwed up.

Would that brains could be trained like dogs to do one's bidding, but alas. Doesn't work that way.

March 22, 2006 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home