Saturday, March 18, 2006

EILEEN: st. patrick was a gentleman....

Since much has been made of the fact that I'm just a weensy bit Irish, I couldn't pass the day(okay, it's not exactly the day, but as you can imagine, I've been a bit preoccupied, mostly with my extended family, who all gather as if it were thanksgiving) without wishing you all a happy St. Patrick's Day. And reflect on how that impacts the book. Especially the girls. Even more so, my girl. Yeah, okay, I couldn't imagine somebody having big paranormal powers without being Irish. That's because my mom's been dead for almost 25 years and she just showed up again today to help my brother out. Irish mothers are like that. I also find that I've found the Irish to be much more comfortable with the idea of paranormality. The saying is that there is a veil between this world and the next, and that the veil is thinnest in Ireland. If you spend any time there, especially with the people, you can easily believe it. The best part is, most of them consider it as normal as nature or genetics. Some people have the gift, some don't, but everybody seems to have had experience of some kind. I like that. I like the sense that anything is possible. And I like bringing it to the Miss Fortunes, although I know that at least Dee and Lizzie aren't quite as enamored. But we're working on that.
Slainte, agus Padraic, and erin go bragh.
Oh, and for my more iconclastic friends, Up the rebels!!
Eileen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

St. Patrick's Day has been an interesting day for me. I'm 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Filipino, and 1/2 black with a couple other things thrown in there so family gatherings are always entertaining. I'm looking forward to see how St. Patrick's Day plays out for the Miss Fortunes. :-D

Slainte!

March 18, 2006 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home